Thursday, April 22, 2010

New Computer


Well, it finally happend. My computer screen gave out. So, this post is being created on my new MacBook Pro. I'm still not sure if I like the layout or not. I guess if nothing else, I could always install windows on this computer (that would seem like a waist to me). This one was a little more expensive than my last computer. Okay, it was more than twice the price. I hope it lasts until I go for my postdoc.
Anyways, I've decided not to get board like I have been the past few weekends again. I have been asking people in my lab about places to go and things to do in Matsue (even though I don't know anyone her to do them with). I asked a person in the lab that is part of the Matsue wind orchesta if he knows anyone who gives violin lessons. It will give me something to do once a week if I can find someone to teach me that. This Sunday there is a get together of international students at some professors house, whom I do not know. But, Dr. Kumar invited me, so I am going to go anyways. He said that there will be about 20-30 international students there. Maybe I can talk to a few of them and become friends and we can hang out on the weekends (or even weekdays...most of the time I'm spending in the lab here is pointless). I'm going to concentrate on one aspect of the research...and that is to explain the increase in two photon emission and second harmonic generation of the nanoparticle ZnO. Also, I think I will tell that girl if she is still looking for a dance partner, I will volunteer...but she will have to teach me how to dance (because I don't know at all).
I still don't have a lot arranged for Saturday though. Dr. Funaki's concert is that day and I plan on going to that. I'm not sure where the place is. I will find it tomorrow.
I also contacted my home stay family from several years ago. They moved to Yokohama...which I think is near Tokyo? It must be a big change. They use to live in the country and now they live in one of the largest cities in Japan. I think I am going to go visit them while I am still here. This is probably the final chapters in my Japan adventures. After 5 more months this will end for good (probably).
Next chapter is going to be in Spain...The I can change the name of the blog to Spain Ewellite. At least, it will most likely be in Europe some where.
Well, I guess I'll see y'all around.
-Ben

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

You know there are opportunities near DC for post doc research.

<3 Stephanie

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home