Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Trip Back To Japan

I went back to Japan to visit friends in Nagoya. I can't say that I enjoyed the plane ride there, but I did enjoy spending time with friends (as always). I flew by JAL because I think they have better service. However, I was put in a middle seat between two people. First off, the space between the seats is not enough for my legs, so I was extremely uncomfortable on the 12 hour plane ride (and it's not so easy to get up when you are between two people). When I got to Japan I had to remain on the plane an extra hour and 15 minutes while they did a check of everyone on board for the swine flu (but seeing as how there was a outbreak of swine flu in Osaka when I was in Japan, I guess they couldn't help stopping it anyways). Luckily on the way back, I got an isle seat by the emergency exit where I was able to stretch my legs all I wanted (I think I even slept a little).
Well, I did too many things to actually talk about. Next article I do will be a repeat article of a trip that Marni and I took to Nagoya castle a long time ago. Basically, we did the exact same thing, the exact same way, took the exact same pictures, with the exact same results...just years later.
I went to the Toyota museum in Toyota city with Paul (from Ecuador). I thought it would be full of cars. Instead it is only art. This weeks exhibit was about an guy who was trying to bring his child's book to life by building everything in it (some pictures below).





On the last day a lot of us went bowling. There were some who couldn't go for some reason or another...but I won't mention any of them (caugh...caugh...Johney Bravo). Anyways, obviously we all had a good time. Of course I had to imbarrass everyone with my GREAT bowling skills (I did actually beat everyone...hahahaha...haha...hahahaha). Or maybe they were imbarrassed because I was wearing a shirt that translated as "You are Weird" in Japanese. I got a lot of laughs from complete strangers...but at the very least they wern't staring at me. I think everyone bowled until their arms hurt. We all started out pretty good, but got progressively worst as time went on (probably because we played too many games...I could have bowled more...but we had to catch the last train).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home