Thursday, April 24, 2008

Dead week and FINALS


This is the last week of actual school and all of the professers have decided to give tests (as usual). These are not the final exams, but rather regular exams. Two of my classes decided to give take home exams (which means that the problems are so long and difficult that I doubt I will be able to finish all of the work required by the deadline. My other class is having us do a presentation (I have to do mine on Monday or Wednesday). These presentations take a little while to prepare for, but as long as I do it I'm pretty sure I will get an A in that class at least. Next week is what we call 'Dead Week.' During dead week, prefessors cannot give any homework or exams, but those that were assigned before dead week are still okay (and therefore, take home tests that were assigned the week before dead week and have a deadline in dead week are okay). During dead week, I have to give another presentation in Solid State Physics. That souldn't be too hard. The hardest part will be finding time to make the presentation. The week after 'dead week,' FINAL EXAMs start. I hate final exams. The professors never prepare you for the material that's on the final test and there is never enough time to prepare for them. On top of everything, I have to work. Actually, my TA duties are over after this week (so I don't have to teach any more Astronomy labs until next semester), but I still have a part-time job that will take about 5 hours every weekday (and that will affect the amount I can study). But, I still could make all A's in everyone of my classes...but it will be very difficult. I'm looking forward to this semester being over. I need a break. Plus, when it's over I'm going to visit San Antonio and go to the Alamo and river walk. Anyways, that's several weeks from now. Not too long after the semester ends I have to leave for Japan (about a four and a half weeks from now). I guess I will see everyone then.
Adios
-Ben

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday,

Fausto and Vik

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home